We are at it again on Twitter…this time we are participating in a tasting with Supermarket Sommelier Bill Ging from the Oakland Press. This is a fun and educational event that you can do without even leaving your house.
Winemaker Lee Lutes has chosen to feature three of our wines including, 2008/09 Arcturos Pinot Gris (depending on availability either is fine), 2007 Arcturos Pinot Noir, and the Sirius Pear Dessert Wine. Lee will be leading the discussion and welcoming comments and reviews about all of the wines. The idea behind these “twastings” is to make wine purchasing and tasting less daunting as well as more accessible for the average consumer. Participants are encouraged to look, smell, taste and then decide — just like they would if they were in one of our tasting rooms. Ging also writes a weekly column in the Oakland Press that corresponds with the scheduled Twitter tastings.
Want to participate? Pick up one, two, or all three of the featured wines at a local store (some suggestions are below) or order them on-line in time for the tasting next Thursday, June 24th. Log on at 7 p.m. to the Supermarket Sommelier Twitter site and the Black Star Farms Twitter site to sip, tweet and follow the conversation. Use hashtag #ttbsf.
Here is a list of stores and the featured wine(s) they stock in the Oakland County area:
- Colasanti – all three wine, the Pinot Gris, the Pinot Noir and the Sirius Pear
- Farmington Liquor – both the Pinot Gris and the Pinot Noir
- Grapes & Hops Market – both the Pinot Gris and the Pinot Noir
- Holiday Food Center – both the Pinot Gris and the Pinot Noir
- Oxford Wine & Beverage – Pinot Noir & Sirius Pear
- P-Fino – both the Pinot Gris and the Pinot Noir
- Plum Market – both the Pinot Gris and the Pinot Noir
- Rudy’s Market – both the Pinot Gris and the Pinot Noir
- Alex’s Market & Grill – the Pinot Noir
- Johnny Pomodoro’s – the Pinot Noir
- Kroger in Bloomfield Hills – the Pinot Gris
- Manny’s Liquor Shoppe – the Pinot Noir
- Market Fresh – the Pinot Noir
- Market Square of Birmingham – The Pinot Gris
- Meadow’s Party Store – The Pinot Gris
- Oakridge Market – the Pinot Noir
- Red Wagon – the Pinot Noir
- Royal Liquor – the Pinot Gris
- Tom’s Market – the Pinot Gris
- Westborn Fruit Market – the Sirius Pear
We look forward to tasting with you soon!